Thursday, October 4, 2012

The 2012 Presidential Debate

The presidential debate last night not only blew up my Twitter feed last night, but it fired up many Americans. Obama was said to have given the worst public speaking performance ever of his time as president.
                Romney seemed to be more energetic and into the debate than Obama did. Mitt was on fire, he was just throwing tests out directly at Obama, and clearly Obama couldn’t pass them.
                Obama was very honest, he wasn’t lying to anybody, and the way he described himself really spoke out to me. “4 years ago, I said I’m not a perfect man, and I wouldn’t be a perfect president. And that’s probably a promise that Governor Romney’s think I’ve kept. But I’ve also promised that I would fight every single day.”
                Jen Psaki, traveling press secretary for Obama, stated on Fox News that Obama had the style, but not the facts. She also said that although Romney was a good attacker, the American public isn’t looking for an attacker in-chief.
                Although Americans may have voted Romney for clearly winning that debate, there’s still a second round, and there’s still 33 days left until the election, a lot can happen in that time.
                Being entitled to my own opinion, Romney is most definitely not my favorite person in the world; he got on my nerves within the first 5 minutes of the debate.
            "I'm sorry Jim. I'm gonna stop the subsidy to PBS. I'm gonna stop other things," Romney said. "I like PBS, I like Big Bird, I actually like you too." My dad is a videographer for IPTV, so if Romney becomes president, he will definitely affect my dad’s current employment state.

                The look on Jim Lehrer’s face when Romney said that statement was priceless; he looked so shocked, so annoyed. His eyes opened up and were like “Wow. Did you really just say that?”

                On Twitter last night, a lot of people were talking about the smirk on Romney’s face. I wanted to go right up on stage and wipe that smirk straight off his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment