Monday, October 22, 2012

Parent Teacher Conferences

I've never really had a bad experience at parent teacher conferences, I just feel like it's always awkward for me because my teachers are always like "Oh, Emily, she's such a good student, she's such a good role model, and always gets her work done, she's just a dream."

I never know what to say, like, do I just say "Thank you!" or what? So I just usually laugh nervously and turn red and then generally ignore what they say for the rest of the time, because I just find it extremely awkward. Like, I'm not an awful student, I talk a lot sometimes, that topic usually comes up somewhere, which is the worst thing they say.

And then it's just "Emily is a good worker, but she can't seem to keep her mouth shut, that's the one thing I have to say to her in class." And THEN what do I say? Like, "Oh, sorry, I'll try to fix that?" Because I know wherever I sit or get moved to, I'll still talk! So it's like a lose-lose situation for them.

But this year I don't think I'm going to conferences, because I don't have any major concerns or questions to ask, and even if I did I could just e-mail them.

I think only kids who are bad need to go to Conferences because if everyone goes to them, we're just wasting the teachers' precious time. I think I'll take advantage of my Friday off instead, and take some time to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment